Republicans need to fight today's battles, not yesteryear's
Kill the Machines! In person, Voter ID, Paper Ballots.
You knocked it out of the park, Don. Agree 110% with everything in your column. If we the readers and you the writer can figure this out, what the hell is wrong with most of the Republican leadership? Don't answer that. You'll have to put it in another column. I remember you talking about ballot harvesting over the last three or four years ago. Maybe longer. I don't remember. I am glad that Trump is finally getting on that. It's not about turning out the vote on election day anymore. If the Republicans want to win, they will have to adapt and overcome. (I think that's a Marine thing, but it applies.) Overall, what you are proposing is just common sense. For god's sake, I hope someone is listening to you other than us folks on the blog. Regarding Salena Zito, she's a real reporter, old school, and I read her religiously. And yes to listening to and visiting Appalachia and courting their vote. They are definitely Trump country. (I just watched the series Justified set in Harlan County in eastern Kentucky. Fantastic and learned a lot about the area. Learned I was pronouncing it incorrectly!) Bravo, Don. Now to the Republicans -- get busy and get 'er done.
Great piece like usual, Donny Boy!
W’s ‘tax cuts’: Yeeeaaahhh, all that idiot did was shift the two bottom tax rates up into the middle class.
Entitlements: Trump’s goal was to grow the economy which would increase the funding of entitlements, at least SSN. Your plans are a great start.
China: I would add that Trump’s first-point-of-sale-in-Asia tariffs were brilliant and highly successful. So much so that Xi had to release the propaganda about a flu virus that our own communists used to seize power.
Do not write off blacks, follow the Trump model to skim more and more…
Great point on Appalachia, although I respectfully suggest the western border on your map should move all the way to the eastern border of Coloraydo. I live 40 miles from Criminalapolis, MN and I feel completely Appalachian; you folk are my folk.
It is my divine hope that Trump wins the primary and DeSantis signs on for VP – it will be a completely ballot-proof ticket.
This is the most concisely brilliant piece that I have read in years.
Don Surber is NOT past his prime. Each column is better than the last and this subscription is one of the best investments I have made in years. "With a strong hand..." do what you are doing.
There will not be election reform until the Republicans use the same techniques as the Democrats. Those are: Ballot harvest, change votes electronically from other countries, have electronic machines break down in counties that are highly Democrat, destroy paper ballots going to counting facilities from Democrat areas, and printing and counting of fraudulent ballots (including deceased ones) for Republican candidates. Unless Republicans learn these tricks fast... then say Hi to President M Obama in 24
Absent paper ballots and a finger dipped in ink upon voting, we must play the current voting game better than the enemy does. Unless we play the voting game better, the enemy wins and America looses.
Wow a second submission and a blockbuster at that!
You are 100% correct. I think PDJT is heading in that direction.
I'd make one simple suggestion: Listen to Harding. He took office at a similar time, when Americans were dead tired of Wilson's tyranny, unnecessary wars, and epidemics.
Ignore what we "learned" about him in school. Read his actual speeches. He was a serious and deep thinker, and he managed to knock down quite a bit of Wilson's imperial monstrosity.
Archive of his speeches:
1. Russia is not a rug on the floor. Russia hates American Politicians. And, in that, the American People should have some understanding and empathy for what Russia must face on her own borders as a result of a select few Americans (in name only) that get rich by spilling the blood of others. Hello, Mitch, can you hear?
2. China is an American failed experiment. Corrupt, American-in-name-only Corporations killed American factories, jobs, families and communities by "outsourcing" them to China. Now China is impossible to deal with, aside from a hot war. Of which the end game is decidedly not certain. So much for the lie that as China's economy grew, so would democracy. The Chinese Totalitarian Communist Party succeeded beyond their wildest dreams by encouraging weak American Politicians to smother American democracy instead.
3. To keep the illusion of a real U.S. economy, uncontrolled Debt, dangerously low interest rates and incessant Prison Camp Media messages assuaged the guilty parties that their wondrous "Service economy" was the future. Now the future is here. And soon they will claim they overlooked Services require activities to service, to create the value-added industries fundamental to a tax base.
4. Carbon is bad ? Yet the worst carcinogens on planet were burned while the White House and the EPA stood silent as the particles from a criminally controlled fire spewed particles all over many states. And not 1 protest from Greta, et al.
It is a crime that Social Security is taxed twice. We need to embrace populism.
I LOOVE A PLAN!
While this list is one of the more refreshing things I’ve seen or read in a long time!
1. Totally Concur: End the the Ukraine War by ending the funding: no $$, no winnee. Force peace talks: enough already.
2. No matter what we do if we don’t win elections, it’s all just hot air. We’ve gotta do something - and drastically so. Ballot harvesting and a million Scott Presslers may be our only chance, though I confess it disturbs me. But these are desperate times requiring desperate measures. (* I would also offer a reward, amnesty, their own island in the Caribbean- whatever, to any whistleblowers who come forward with evidence that results in prosecution of ballot rigging in the 2020 election).
3. In addition to closing the border come down hard and heavy on Mexico and every country sending people here: no more Aid, no more $$, until you knock it off and tighten your own borders! And put Tariffs in place across the board!
4. Kill DEI, CRT, SEL and All Transgender Anything in their bed! DOA. Let them scream and gnash their teeth. Make them do the heavy (impossible) lifting to PROVE they add value (which they cannot) in a court of Law. Til then, don’t let the door hit ya on the way OUT.
5. Don’t just rein in the EPA, or the Dept of Education, or a whole bunch of other bureaucracies we don’t need who exist just to make our life hell: DEFUND em all! Let the States sort it out.
6. Do NOT hire Frank Luntz or any of those grifters or let ‘em anywhere near the tent: expose them, mock them, shame them for the corrupt-o-crats they are.
But the single most POWERFUL message, that cuts across every socio-economic, political, religious whatever divide is: SAVE OUR KIDS. They are now prisoners being held captive in indoctrination centers (otherwise referred to as schools), by these demonic excuses for teachers and administrators, literally torturing their tiny souls with their evil filth. Go after them with the vengeance of the Almighty and in one fell swoop you’ll have sown the country together and crushed the Leviathan.
My predictions: Michelle Obama will be "our" next President, and until we return to only paper ballots, we've seen our last republican administration.
The only person I will vote for if Trump is not the nominee is whoever can be Trump 2.0, The Terminator. Democrats need to be kicked to hell.
all good points, but #10 is more important than all the rest combined.
Oops. I didn’t read the question carefully Subtract my vote